Some say it should be fora, but I’m a forums person.
Today I’ve been reading more about Design Narratives, Design Scenarios and Force Maps as ways to describe context. (by reading I mean scanning).
I’ve also spent some time reading and responding to messages in the Open Forum. This can be time consuming but is generally worthwhile, especially as tutors and other participants on this MOOC are actively monitoring them and responding quickly. So I’ve been dipping in and out when time allows.
Here are links to my posts from today:
- Re: Help with Tools (me complaining again)
- Re: Bowing out from OLDS (spoon feeding or spoon sharing)
- Re: roles in learning design (an ongoing conversation)
- Re: W2.4 Personas & Force Maps (responding to a reply to a query)
- Design Narratives (asking a question)
- Re: W2.6 Convergence fishbowl Tuesday 12 GMT (talking to Les and Katerina about the feeling of being overwhelmed)
- Re: Fishbowls? (responding for feedback on the Google Hangout)
- Re: W2.3. What is important about context for learning design? (talking to Jo about context for staff in Professional Services)
- Re: Learning design and orchestration? ( classical music or jazz improvisation – the role of tutor/conductor/composer/designer. Links to a nice piece of Jazz)
The forum works OK as long as you view it on https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/olds-mooc-open and not embedded on another page (which I think I’ve seen somewhere). I will say though that it’s a bit of a mess because introductions were made as new topics and not replies. This has increased the number of original threads incredibly and confuses some views of the forum. Something to manage next time around perhaps.